Renting out a storage unit can offer many conveniences, such as having a place to store extra belongings or seasonal items. For some people, the added accessibility of being able to drive up and drop off items is worth the cost. Storage units can also be helpful when people are decluttering, moving or downsizing their homes. By renting a storage unit, individuals have the flexibility to keep items that may not fit in their home but don’t want to get rid of them. We discuss why it may be worth it for you to hire a storage unit, and the options available.
Home storage vs Storage Units
Renting a storage unit offers many benefits that personal home storage cannot. Storage units can be:
- More secure than keeping belongings in the home: with security features like alarm systems and gates, storage units can provide an extra layer of protection for your belongings.
- Climate controlled: this is ideal for storing electronics, musical instruments, photos and other items that are sensitive to temperature changes.
- Easy to access: storage units are open 24/7 and easily accessed, which makes it convenient to drop off or pick up items whenever you need to. Home storage solutions such as attics, basements and closets can be difficult to access – and are often not climate-controlled.
- Removals and deliveries: We offer a convenient removal service to pick up your belongings and deliver them to your storage unit, and vice versa – meaning you don’t have to transport them yourself.
Costs of storage units
The cost of renting a storage unit depends on the size of the unit, the length of time you need it for, and whether you require any additional services such as insurance or removals. The main cost considerations for storage units are:
- Size of the unit: storage units come in a range of sizes, from small lockers to large garage-sized units. The size you need will depend on the amount of belongings you need to store, and it will be the key component in determining the cost.
- Length of time: most storage units are rented on a monthly basis, but some we also offer shorter-term rentals for those who only need storage for a few weeks or months. Flexible storage rental periods can be helpful if you’re unsure how long you’ll need storage for or if your storage needs may change over time.
- Additional services: you can insure your belongings stored in the unit, which can give you peace of mind in knowing they are protected in case of any damage or theft. You can also use our removal services to have your belongings delivered to and from your storage unit, making the whole process hassle-free.
To sum it up, renting a storage unit can offer many benefits and conveniences that personal home storage cannot. The main cost considerations for storage units are the size of the unit, the length of time you need it for, and any additional services you require. If you are a homeowner looking for a secure, convenient and cost-effective storage solution, then renting a storage unit may be the perfect option for you. At So Storage, we offer a wide range of storage units, with flexible storage rental periods and a variety of additional services to make your experience hassle-free. Contact us today to find out more or get a free online quote today.